Wireless sync to SD card on Kitkat without Root topic


I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 running Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat). I was used to synchronizing files and photos between my phone and PC using SyncMe Wireless from bvaisoft (available from Google Play store). SyncMe Wireless was able to only send new photos from my device to the PC and update any file modified after the last sync from my PC to my device over Wifi very quickly. Since Kitkat I was not able to use this app because of loss of write access to the SD card. Files could not be synchronized between PC and device. Developer has also given up – ‘Devices with Android 4.4.2 update do not have write permission for external sd card. Nothing I can do about it' :confused:.
I discovered a workaround for this which may not be perfect but gives back some of the lost features :victory:. I will not go into the basics of using the app or sharing Windows folders over the network. This is only to show that two way sync over Wifi to SD card running Kitkat without Root is still possible.
First move the app (SyncMe Wireless) to the SD card. Share the PC folder you would like to synchronize with your device using Windows sharing features. Open the app and add computer – it will search your Wifi network for available computers. After successfully accessing your computer tap on the computer name and select ‘add sync folder’. You need to define a folder on the PC and a folder on the device to start synchronizing. The app offers excellent options from copying only to device, copying only to PC or for two way synchronizing. All folders shared on the network on your PC should be available on the app. The tricky part is defining device folder. Select ‘device folder’ and browse to storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.bv.wifisync and select com.bv.wifisync as the device folder. This is the app folder now located on your external SD card for which the app still has write access to. You can create and select subfolders within the com.bv.wifisync to sort the files you want to synchronize between your PC (e.g., storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.bv.wifisync/myfiles). Now within minutes I can sync a folder on my PC with a defined specific folder on my SD card. True that you can’t write to anywhere on the SD card but this has given me a lot of freedom while running Kitkat :angel:.




2 commentaires:

  1. Excellent site. Plenty of useful information here.
    I'm sending it to a few buddies ans also sharing in delicious.
    And obviously, thanks to your sweat!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Vitiligo cannot be cured, but it can be handled properly via a set of medical procedures and way of life changes.

    RépondreSupprimer

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.