Lollipop WebView Update crashes randomly some apps (gmail, feedly etc.) [5.0.1] topic


It was getting on my nerves that feedly and gmail keeped randomly crashing on my device (Nexus 6). So I looked into the adb log and found that it was caused by the android WebView crashing (Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code -6, fault addr 0x52a2 in tid 21178 (RenderThread)). Seems to be a common bug for asus devices (http://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.ph...hread&tid=5919), but I have found nothing about problems with vanilla android (I am using the stock rom).

Currently the only workaround is to uninstall all WebView updates (which is of course not the greatest solution regarding security). Does someone have any more information about this bug and how to solve it?




1 commentaire:

  1. Magnificent site. Plenty of useful info here.
    I am sending it to a few buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious.
    And certainly, thank you on your sweat!

    RépondreSupprimer

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.