WARNING: Screen Assurance Program topic


Warning to anyone getting a new phone through the screen assurance phone... The other day I was running to get out of the rain and my phone fell and the screen broke. The screen became unresponsive and eventually went black. The phone would still vibrate so I knew it wasn't totally dead.

I went into the Verizon store and told them what happened and they said I would get a new phone this week and to send mine back (awesome right?). Well after doing some research on the screen assurance program, there was a big warning about being charged for the price of a new phone (which is crap, because they send you a refurb and not a new phone) if there is anything other than a crack in the display. Well this got me concerned because my screen wouldn't even come on and there was some cosmetic damage to the bezel from the drop.

I called Verizon to make sure that I wasn't going to get charged for a new phone if mine didn't meet their qualifications. I asked if I could send the new one back if they found other issues with my phone, such as water damage, and they said I could but they would not be able to send my old phone back either. I was ok with that, even though I'm out a phone after only 5 months...The screen assurance program was the only reason I cancelled my insurance. I have never reuined a phone besides a cracked screen.

The representative called me back a half an hour later and told me that she had made some calls and that if they found anything wrong with the phone that didn't meet the screen assurance program requirements that I would be charged REGARDLESS if I returned the replacement phone. She said that I am just better off not returning it if it didn't meet the requirements.

My questions for her were - how am I supposed to know if it doesn't meet the requirements? I have no idea what the requirements are as far a physical damage, because they are extremely vague on the FAQ's. I also asked her how I was supposed to know if there is water damage? These phones are splash resistant, so even though it was in the rain, doesn't mean it has water damage.
Her only response was pretty much that she was sorry but there was nothing that they could do and I would be charged the price of a new phone if there was anything wrong with it.

So at the end of the day BEWARE of the screen assurance program, Verizon will still find a way to screw you out of more money. If you return your broken phone it is up to "the warehouse" to determine if you will get charged 0 or not.




3 commentaires:

  1. Wonderful web site. A lot of helpful info here. I am sending it to some pals
    ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thank
    you on your sweat!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks for finally talking about >Htc m7 UL restarting no signal topic | mobile <Liked it!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This post posted at this site is in fact pleasant.

    RépondreSupprimer

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.